Dear Senator Cools

Dear Ms Cools,

I am writing this email to ask for your assistance in supporting Senator Mac Harb’s private members bill to end the commercial seal hunt. I think it is deplorable that this archaic, cruel, inhumane & needless killing is allowed to continue. First & foremost I am ashamed that our country has not taken action to ban the seal hunt. What is happening to our country where we once stood proud and fought against the injustices in the world? I have never thought of Canada as promoting cruelty and yet that is what we are doing by allowing the seal hunt to continue. With our environment and the circle of life within it, in such a precarious state, I beg of you to help stop the monstrosities of this killing spree.

I keep hearing that the seal hunt is traditional and that is why it is allowed. However I question why our government doesn’t take the millions of dollars they spend on promoting this cruel slaughter of innocent animals and instead using it to create jobs & re-train the people from Newfoundland to sustain themselves in humane ways. Many countries in the European Union are working towards banning importing the seal skins and I understand there is already such a surplus that the skins are being burned. How

As a Canadian I have always been so proud of our “goodness” in the way we help other nations. The animals in our country deserve the same recognician and protection. Please help Canada become a country that can take appropriate action to do what is right.

I truly hope you can find it in your heart to be the voice for these innocent seals and give your support to end the seal hunt and finally stop the slaughter.

Thank you.
Debbie Daniell
Salmon Arm, BC